Instruction for use: Remove your spa filter, add solution to the water at where there is suction and allow the repair to mend. Use 8 oz per 1,000 gallons for leaks in hot tubs. Use 32 oz for pools up to 22,000 gallons. A second treatment can be done for larger leaks.
Directions for Using Fix A Leak Solution
Place bottle in some warm water with lid on to ensure solution is liquid then Shake Well Before Using Fix A Leak works best with warm water (minimum 21°C).
- If hot tub has been leaking for some time and insulation is wet, empty the hot tub for approximately 1 week for foam to dry out. Refill the hot tub once the foam is dry.
- Remove all spa filters. For pools, if you have a sand filter set filter valve to recirculate
- With your pump running on high speed, slowly add FIX A LEAK in front of the skimmer or any other suction area
- Turn your pump on as often as you can. You may need to stir up Fix a Leak from the footwell of your hot tub. If you have more than 1 pump, turn all pumps on periodically
- Continue to re-circulate water until it appears the leak has stopped
- After the leak has stopped let sit for approximately 24 hrs, drain and clean the hot tub. Make sure you wipe down the hot tub as it drains – do not allow the hot tub to dry before cleaning! Leave the hot tub for approximately a week before refilling (as long as their is no risk of freezing)
- Re-install filter cartridges. Remove cartridges after 24hrs and rinse a second time. Do not allow cartridges to dry before rinsing!
NOTE: For pool sand filters: Set filter valve to filter and resume normal operation. Backwash periodically.
A second addition may be necessary if leak hasn’t completely stopped.